One of my first prayers was “Lord teach me how to pray.” It is the beginning of humility and opening your heart to God to help you in your prayer. Learning how to pray is one of the most fundamental and needed skills in our experience of following the Lord.Hebrews 11:6, ESV: “And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.” Who do you believe God is for you? Know that He is a loving, good and patient God. You do not need to fear by coming to Him, because He knows you and He has created you in His image and likeness. Every day be led by His Holy Spirit into how and what He wants you to pray, including various prayers and praying in Spirit. This word has helped me to be strong, in Jude 1: 20 But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.” My recommendation, and what I do is; Read the Bible, Pray, love and wait on the Lord. I repent and intercede for our nation and for the church.
I have learned to come to the Lord just as I am. That’s how He really wants us to come to Him. I do not need to try and impress Him or clean up my act, thank God! God is inviting you to know Him personally, to experience His unconditional love, and to be in Heaven with Him forever. The first step is that if you do not know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, or you went away from Him and you want to recommit your life to Him, then you need to pray and believe. Pray in your heart and out loud saying, “Lord I repent from all of my sin. I ask you God for your forgiveness. I confess and belief in Jesus Christ and I accept him as my Lord and Savior.” So simple if you mean it from your heart, now you are saved and have become a Christian. This is the most important prayer that you can do. That will change your entire life from this day on and forever in Eternity. I am so happy for you to be part of God’s family! This is the best decision you can ever make in your life.
Some of the most valuable prayers that God and my spiritual family has taught me is:
- First, I always invite the Holy Spirit to come and enter the flow of the living waters inside of me. When we accept the Lord into our heart, the Holy Spirit now dwells inside of you always. I say “I welcome you to come Holy Spirit. I need you, I love you, speak to me today, guide me, illuminate your word the Bible to me so I can know you more my God.” Before I get out of bed I say in my heart or out loud,” Good morning Holy Spirit. I praise Father God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit. I also say this is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24.” Who can I serve today? This sets my day in a positive way. What divine appointment waits for me? Who should I pray for today?
- In the morning I pray as a warrior, a soldier ready for the day. I say “I put on the whole armor of God to stand against evil and I say Jesus put on me your belt of truth and expel all lies of the enemy, breastplate of righteousness protection over my heart emotions, my feet gospel of peace to walk in your shalom, shield of faith not look on outside arrows, helmet of Salvation over my mind protection, and sword which is the word of God believing and living it out. Also, I pray rear guard of your glory in the back of me. This is in Ephesians 6:13-17. This experience, this routine is important to do daily. It will help protect you and keep you strong against the enemy.
- It is so vital to spend that alone time with the Lord in prayer. It’s so vitally important to open your heart to Him and seek His heart in who He is. Get to really know Him daily, just like you would with your best friend. Be in His presence as it will change you inside in your inner most being and others around you. You can start out for around 5 minutes, then do longer time. Spend each day in relationship with Jesus who loves you unconditionally. This is my favorite of all things that I do. It is where I experienced him in a deeper way, the most meaningful way.
- At times I get on my knees, lay or sit in my favorite chair and say, “Here I am your beloved daughter speak to me for your servant is listening, I love you Lord and need you.” Listen to hear.
- Turn on worship or praise music to enter his gates with thanksgiving and gratitude in your heart.
- Ask Him questions, have a chat, a conversation with God as you would with a friend. “My Lord I desire to be close and near to you every day. Help me to know you more, who you are to me? And who you are for me in this situation? I want to love you, myself and others, so please help me. What am I missing?” Lord Jesus what is on your heart for me today? What do you want me to do? How can this change me today? What does it mean Lord? Be quite and listen to God speak inside of your heart, or through a word or worship song. He talks in different ways. His voice is gentle and kind.
- PRAYER FOR MYSELF: God is good, and “something good is going to happen to me today.” Psalm 119:68 “You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees.” Declare His Word over yourself.
- I pray Isaiah 54:17 “No weapon formed against me and my home shall prosper and every tongue which rises up against me in judgment I shall condemn, for this is my heritage for me as His servant of the Lord. This is especially important prayer I do every day.
- I have learned not to feel or get overwhelmed or burdened with too many things to do. Rather, I daily prayer “Lord I trust in you with all my heart and not lean on my own understanding but in all my ways I acknowledge you, I seek your will in all I to do, please direct and guide my path” Proverbs 3: 5-6. This has helped me stay on track with his purpose and plan for my life in my daily walk with Him.
- A Prayer that I have learned “I surrender everything under your authority and leadership Holy Spirit, please guide me in your truth wisdom and discernment.”
- I have your divine wisdom, favor and anointing.
- Fill me Holy Spirit, and produce in me your love, peace, joy, …. all 9 fruits of the Spirit Gal 5:25
- I know, trust, believe, and receive from God all that He has in store for me.
- PRAYER FOR MY FAMILY: Pray God’s Word, the Bible, and His promises over you and your family powerful scriptures are in Ephesians 1: 15-23, Ephesians 3:14-19, and Colossians 1:9-14.
- And above all “I put on Jesus love which binds everything together in perfect harmony” Col 3:14. This is our marriage verse, that me and my husband pray everyday before we get out of bed.
- In Joshua 24:15 “But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. I declare this Word.
- I pray daily over my kids Isaiah 54:13 “All My Children, (their names) shall be thought by the Lord and great shall be the peace, prosperity, and blessing of my children. This is God’s promise for my children and grandchildren, even spiritual children.
- PROTECTION: I always plead the blood of Jesus over my home, my children, their names, my car and my family, my mind, my heart, my soul, my emotions, and my body. Cover us in your precious blood, water and fire.
- Lord protect us from the evil one and wicked people. Cover us under the shadow of His wings. Warring angels according to Psalm 91 protection from all harm and evil not come near us.
- I call and charge the angels of God to minister and bring the breakthrough and reveal God to my family, friends, and everyone in this world to be saved.
- REPENTANCE: I repent and confess all I could have done right or what I missed. I repent of all my sins of unrighteousness, my words, thoughts, feelings, and every secret thing, that is not of faith.
- SPIRITUAL WARFARE: I bind every evil spirit of distraction, hindrances, sabotage, darkness and cancel assignment and plan of the enemy. I loosen God’s plan to be accomplished over my life.
- I bind and rebuke every evil spirit attacking me. All fear worry, anxiety, doubts, lies, stress, unbelief sicknesses do not belong to me, and instead I release the Spirit of faith, truth, love, peace, harmony, rest, healing, and full trust in my God.
- I rebuke all evil spirits attacking me in my mind and my life, my family and my friends, etc.
- I am free from all bondage’s. I am fruitful and productive, not just busy.
- The Lord is my shepherd I put him over everything, to fight all my battles and intercede for me
- I pray Spirit of salvation, repentance, truth, and light and all come to their senses, including my family and every soul that I am praying for specifically. This I pray over our nation and all people.
- I decree & declare Spirit of conviction, of Holy Spirit over the person you are praying for: name.
- HEALING: I pray good report healing through Jesus stripes I am healed, and I am overcoming this illness. Say “My body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit and no sickness and disease belongs here in Jesus name.” amen. Do not own, accept, or profess to the ownership of sickness or disease.
- My Heavenly Father is Jehovah Jireh “the Lord will provide” who is my provider. And my God will supply (my every) need of His according to His riches in Glory in Christ Jesus Phil 4:19. Amen let it so be done unto me.
- I humble myself under your mighty hand Lord that in due time you will raise me up. I surrender and cast all of my care on you Lord, as you care for me, and love me. 1 Peter 5:6-7
- AGREE WITH GOD’S PLAN: Lord I bring every area of my life and my heart in order and peace; to align with your will and purposes and Perfect plan for me.
- For God has not given us (me) a spirit of fear; but of power, love, & a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
- I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life that I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20) My old self has been crucified in Christ and now I live a new creation man life.
- Be still and know that He is God he will be exalted among nations and earth. Psalm 46:10
- “I know that you can do everything, and that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You. Job 42:2. This is the verse I stand on the plans and promises of God, that will be done in my life.
- THANKFULNESS TO GOD: Thank you, Lord, for the good and bad, trials, wilderness experience because you are with me always. Thank you for loving, choosing, and accepting me just as I am.
- Apart from you Jesus, I cannot do anything John 15:5. I acknowledge that I need God daily.
- I want more of you Jesus and less of me. He must become greater; I must become less John 3:30
- Therefore, there is now no condemnation for (me) those who are in Christ Jesus Romans 8:1.
The Lords prayer is the greatest one: “This, then, is how you should pray: “ ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one. For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. (Mathew 6: 9-14). Pray this daily it covers all areas of our life.
One of my most recent crafted prayer’s is: Good morning Holy Spirit, I love you and I thank you for your fresh new mercy today, that I can start all over again, my past is gone, and today is a new beginning. I love you my Heavenly Father, you are so good, kind and loving to me. I honor you and praise your Holy name. I give you all the credit and glory that only belongs to You alone. I thank you for giving me life and breathe today. I love you Jesus, my best friend, you’re everything that I need to satisfy my soul. Thank you for being so tender and gentle with me, for fighting my battles, defending me, protecting me, and providing for all my needs. I am honored to be your child, your daughter, to sit with you in the heavenly places, to know and experience your true unconditional love every day of my life. Thank you for paying the price to save me by your precious blood. Thank you for choosing me from the beginning of the world to belong to you. I love and delight in our communion all 4 of us together as one. I am so happy Lord to be a new creation in Christ Jesus who has made me to be in the image of Jesus Christ. Be glorified my God in everything that I do and say, let it all be unto you. I love your people you send me today to be a blessing to them, loving them as you are so am I. Amen.
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. (3 John 1:2). I pray that you be equipped and encouraged to pray as you are led. Know that God has a good plan to prosper you and to give you a future and hope, according to Jeremiah 29:11.
Tanya Wheeler is a wife, mom, hope writer, prayer warrior, and marriage mentor. Loves Jesus and inspires people to know and experience the love of God. BA Degree in Business Administration.